Date Posted: November 14, 2019
Job Location: Deersdale and Saint-Leonard
Job Number: GWF-79000
Job Type: Full Time
Start: May 11, 2020
Company: J.D. Irving Limited
Address: 5120 Route 107, Deersdale, NB, E7L1W5 and 48 Chemin Grande Riviere, Saint-Leonard, NB, E7E 2M7., Deersdale and Saint-Leonard, New Brunswick, Canada V0A 1H0
Company: J.D. Irving Limited – Woodlands Division
Business Information: At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 18,000 dedicated employees.
Business Address: J.D. Irving, Limited – Woodlands Division is currently seeking candidates for temporary seasonal Silviculture Worker positions for four (4) locations with the workers going to these locations interchangeably depending on production schedule.
5120 Route 107, Deersdale, NB, E7L 1W5
48 Chemin Grande Riviere, Saint-Leonard, NB, E7E 2M7
290 Main Street, Chipman, NB, E4A 2M7
and 39C Route 890, Four Corners, NB E4G 2W1
Location of work: Same as stated above
Type of employment: Full Time-Seasonal
Estimated Start Date: May 11th, 2020
This is a seasonal position from May 11th, 2020 to October 30th, 2020
- Plant trees using manual planting tools in reforestation areas
- Operate power thinning saw to thin and space trees in reforestation areas
- Perform other silviculture duties such as collecting seed cones and pruning trees
- Manual forest fire fighting under direction of J.D. Irving, Limited staff
- Care and maintenance of equipment required for job
• Previous experience as a labourer or other position with high physical demands is an asset
• No education requirement
• Hardworking with a strong work ethic
• Willing to work in a manual labour, production-based environment
• Willing to live in remote areas
• Interest in working outdoors
• Ability to work alone and in a team environment with a variety of people
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
• Fit to work in repetitive manual labour job
• Handling heavy loads
• Physically demanding
• Outdoor work all day
• Temperatures can vary from 0 to 30 degrees Celsius
• Rough terrain, uneven ground
• Exposure to insects (mosquitoes, bees, wasps)
• JDI staff will be available to help ensure workers understand the job and that safety procedures are followed
Salary: Hourly rate of $20.70 to $22.00 per hour or greater depending on production and associated production piece rates.40 to 45 hours per week. Saturday work optional if needed for production.
• Accommodations for remote site locations provided at no charge
• Food available at no charge for remote accommodation
• Transportation to and from job site is provided at no cost
• Travel Expenses provided if candidates are willing to relocate
• Production bonus available for exceeding production targets.
• Gear such as harnesses, tools and thinning saws provided at no cost. Safety equipment such as hard hats, ear and eye protection and first aid kits provided at no cost.
Language of Work: English or French
Work Schedule: Job hours require flexibility on a daily basis, typically 6:00 am- 3:00 pm, including breaks, Monday-Friday. Workers are expected to reach minimum production levels.
Contact – Dave Corbett, International Recruitment Manager
To apply for this career opportunity:
Online: https://careers.jdirving.com/jobs/silviculture-worker-15035 or Corbett.Dave@jdirving.com