Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Buyer.
This is a long-term permanent position working Monday-Friday at our mill site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives.
• Collaboratively develop and issue RFQ, RFP, RFI, Purchase Order and Contract documents; lead processes to source variety of goods and services in accordance with Al-Pac policy, standards and procedures.
• Develop commercially competitive contracting and procurement strategies for assigned portfolio in collaboration with the business areas, with the aim of achieving consolidation of requirements and contracts across the organization to optimize value and reduce risk.
• Negotiate and award agreements to contractors and/or suppliers to ensure services and materials are provided in the most cost effective and proficient manner possible.
• Identify and recommend opportunities to Business Units that will reduce Al-Pac’s total cost of ownership and/or increase Al-Pac’s profitability and efficiency, including, drawing on your knowledge, consideration for industry best practices.
• Recommend and implement appropriate procurement strategies through a broad knowledge and detailed analysis of market conditions, Al-Pac’s business requirements, risk and assessment of opportunities.
• Manage supplier relationships effectively and, collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics.
• Conduct spend and market analysis and benchmarking studies as required. Present findings and conclusions/recommendations to Leadership and Business Units.
• Exhibit a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information.
• Participate in the “On Call” rotation of the Business Unit.
• Adherences to all corporate policies, procedures and Supply Chain Canada code of ethics.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• 7+ years of related procurement experience within an industrial setting, combined with a university degree or related post-secondary education.
• Demonstrated time management, results orientated, excellent organizational skills, strong problem solving and analytical competency and decision making ability.
• Demonstrated experience with RFQ/RFP evaluations, negotiating contract and commercial terms, contract execution and administration/management.
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment; strong team player.
• Experience with assessing and managing commercial risk, liability and legal terms and conditions.
• Experience mentoring team members.
• Experience with Engineering and Construction would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated professional development.
• A commitment to quality and customer service.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite as well as competence and confidence with other software.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
The closing date for this position is January 26, 2020.