We’re looking for a Silviculture Supervisor based on our Gogama sawmill, in Ontario.
Reporting to the Silviculture Manager this position will support, plan, coordinate, supervise, monitor and document all silvicultural activities administered by EACOM’s Silviculture Group. The incumbent will also be responsible to oversee the maintenance of cost control activities as they relate to the implementation of silvicultural activities. You may also be required to assist in the development of forest management plans, annual work schedules and annual reports.
* Assist in the planning, supervision and monitoring of field operations for all silvicultural activities on both the Pineland and Spanish Forests, consistent with approved Forest Management Plan(s), Annual Work Schedules, Forest Certification and Environmental Management System Requirements, Corporate Budgets, Policies and Legal obligations.
* Assist in the planning, supervision, implementation and monitoring of all annual field surveys required to support silvicultural effectiveness monitoring and prescription development.
* Collect accurate field data upon which to make detailed site-specific future silvicultural treatments and make inferences about the success/failure of previous treatments.
* Document the results of all annual silvicultural treatments and field surveys in corporate GIS databases/layers.
* Compile field survey results for each silvicultural treatment to ensure production of Annual Reports.
* Monitor contractor performance against contract specifications, approved Forest Management Plans, Annual Work Schedules, Forest Certification and Environmental Management System Requirements, Corporate Budgets, Policies and Legal obligations and implement corrective action when necessary.
* Coordinate and supervise the daily/weekly work for temporary seasonal forestry staff, in compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Assist the Timmins Woodlands Operations Group with the implementation, and/or monitoring of forest management activities (i.e. wood quality audits, water crossing, bridge, and gravel pit inspections, etc).
* All other duties as assigned to support the implementation of forest management activities for the Timmins Woodlands.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills.
* Demonstrate a willingness to learn and rigour in the delivery of his assignments.
* Adaptable and able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
* Strong work ethic, good judgment, decision-making skills and results oriented.