Date Posted: October 13, 2020
Job Location: Peace River
Job Number: CN 2046
Job Type: Full Time
Company: Mercer Peace River
Address: Postal Bag 4400 Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, Alberta, Canada T8S 1V7
Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work, and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career, you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance & Lab Coordinator to join our Technical Department. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic team player to lead a team of skilled Process Technicians. And work collaboratively with various departments to ensure that we continue to produce a high-quality product that exceeds customer expectations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor and continuously improve the Quality Management System (QMS) and make recommendations for process improvements
- Maintain customer relationships and act as the primary contact for customer service requests and concerns.
- Attend and chair meetings in regards to product quality, machine operation, and various other topics.
- Responsible for providing the Marketing team with all product quality information and scheduling monthly marketing meetings.
- Provide statistical analysis and complete monthly and quarterly reports.
- Manage the laboratory budget for the Technical team including expense approval and maintenance of laboratory equipment mill wide.
- Lead a team of Process Technicians ensuring that all procedures and initiatives to maintain a high-quality pulp product are adhered to.
- Coordinate the rotation of job responsibilities, ensuring that all Technicians are skilled and experienced in the various levels of the Technician Progression established for the Technical department.
- Additional duties, as required
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. The successful candidate must possess a diploma in Chemical Technology or a degree in Chemical Sciences. A minimum of five (5) years of process industry experience or laboratory experience is required. Experience working within a Pulp and Paper environment will be considered an asset.
Candidates should also have :
- Ability to interact with customers, leaders, and teams with limited deadlines, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Proven ability to effectively coach, develop, and lead others. Previous leadership experience will be considered an asset.
- Advanced experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite of Applications is required.
- Strong technical abilities, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills with delivery abilities to engage audiences.
- Proven safety-conscious individual with an understanding of lab safety best practices.
- Ability to prioritize & manage workloads and projects and to think critically.
- Able to conduct and complete formal investigations focusing on excellent customer service.