We are looking for a Mill Manager for our Sault Ste. Marie engineered wood facility. The Sault Ste-Marie plant is an engineered wood products facility manufacturing solid flange wood I-Joist products. The Mill Manager is responsible for managing safety and operational performance as well as coordinating with sales department in this produce to order business.
Since 2017, EACOM has doubled the sales and revenues of the plant. This fast-paced growth created its level of challenge for our employees, management, and maintenance.
• Manage staff and hourly employees within first collective agreement context. The Manager shall effectively plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control mill activities including activities to support production (quality, shipping, maintenance, health and safety, human resources, environment, and ISO).
• Embrace and be a role model in safe behaviors and housekeeping within a safety program that is our primary objective in creating safe work habits and conditions.
• Look for opportunities to improve converting cost, reduce loss in process and improve quality.
• Prepare and submit operating budgets and capital projects. Manage approved budgets to attain determined stretch performance indicators fiber consumption, transformation costs, hourly productivity, product quality, on-time delivery.
• Develop and cultivate a collaborative working environment. Enhance the mobilization and commitment of human capital and foster relations with internal and external partners.
• Strive to support and enhance employees development and training.
• Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance indicators.
• Participate actively in recruiting and onboarding of new employees.
• Manage effectively maintenance and the optimization of equipment up time and availability.
• Manage and control operational spending that both supports equipment operating performance and aligns with our operating unit cost goals.
• Work in collaboration with regulatory authorities, internal corporate and regional resources to ensure the company is compliant with all operating regulations.
• Process driven person with great skills in root cause analysis.
• Engaged and motivated in his/her communication.
• Support and contribute to the dynamics of team performance at the division and in the company.
• Provide constructive feedback to enhance people growth.
• Ability to influence and to lead the team to reach objectives.
• Effective time management and delegation skills.
• Strong work ethic by embracing and leading by the company values.
• Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
• Post Secondary education with a relevant diploma.
• 5 to 7 years in a process driven environment.
• Previous experience in an engineered wood product facility would be preferred.
• Experience working in a mill business with financial and labor relations concepts responsibilities.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Proven track record of success to raise operational performance.