DATE: September 22, 2022
JOB NUMBER: 2022-67
HYBRID WORK: No
LOCATION: Mill Site (Athabasca)
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. We strive to be leaders in what we do, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members, and work with local communities. We are continuously investigating in new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
We understand work is just one part of your life, and we strive to ensure our team members have a healthy work-life balance. We offer a compressed work week schedule, as well as a generous time-off policy starting with four weeks of vacation allowance.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Steamfitter-Pipefitter. Reporting to the MRS Business Unit Leader, the Steam/Pipefitter is responsible for the fabrication and repair of process piping, and to assist in the trouble shooting and resolution of various maintenance concerns. This position is accountable for performing all required maintenance tasks in accordance with mill quality and mechanical standards.
• Fabrication and repair of process piping.
• Maintain piping systems and welding requirements throughout the mill.
• Provide direction and support to contractors both during regular operational periods as well as during our annual shutdown term.
• Assist in trouble shooting and resolution of maintenance concerns.
• Provide support and assistance to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members.
• Participate in the planning and execution of predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
• Make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and production practices.
• Maintain maintenance work records; assist to keep work areas clean.
• Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge; play an active role in development of the maintenance team.
• Must hold an Alberta or Interprovincial Steamfitter-Pipefitter journeyman certificate.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
• Be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Pulp mill experience is an asset.
What we offer:
• This is a Permanent position
• You will work out of our Mill Site (Near Athabasca)
• Your working schedule is Monday-Thursday, 7am to 5pm
• A competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-week’s annual vacation, company paid dental and extended health benefits, and many additional employee incentives.
• Relocation assistance is available for those who need to move into the local area.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to email@example.com.
Successful external applicants must provide government issued proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 will be requested upon acceptance of an offer of employment. Please note that for Alberta residents, only the government issued QR code is accepted as proof of vaccination
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook