EACOM is looking for a Woodlands Operations Controller to be based at one of our Regional offices, either Timmins, in Ontario or Val-d’Or, Québec.
This new role offers excellent opportunities for professional development and team supervision as a longer-term perspective.
As part of the Operations Finance team, you will act as a finance business partner for Ontario and Québec woodlands operations. Reporting to Operations and business process Controller, your mandate will be to develop financial and business analysis tools and strong cost control processes in collaboration with the regional controllers, the woodlands cost analysts and the woodlands operations team.
* Provide financial guidance and recommendations from a business partner standpoint to the woodlands operations team for cost control, financial performance management benchmarking and business processes.
* Contribute actively in supporting and improving business processes related to contract management, construction project costing, log movement transactional activities and forest contractor payments.
* Develop performance analysis, operational metrics and benchmarking tools for harvesting, hauling, road construction and maintenance activities.
* Deploy contract management control processes in collaboration with the woodlands costs analysts and the operations group.
* Establish annual budgets and quarterly log costs forecasts; compare actual costs with budgets and forecasts; work with the operations to analyze and understand variances and improve budget tools.
* Be proactive and engaged with operations by regularly visiting production sites to learn about and address specific operational requirements and challenges.
* Produce monthly log costs reports and inventory follow ups by contributing actively to the monthly closing including preparation of the required journal entries and accruals, balance sheet accounts analysis, inventory reconciliations, financial reports and road construction cost reviews.
* Standardize and improve closing tools and processes under responsibilities.
* Involvement in other ad hoc financial analyses and projects when needed.
* Show rigor, curiosity and strong analytical skills.
* Adaptability and influence skills at all levels of the organization.
* Quick learner and ability to challenge status quo in continuous business process improvement perspective.
* Proven ability to communicate and explain complex information.
* Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills.