Date de publication : 08 février 2023
Lieu d’emploi : Boyle
Numéro du poste : GWF-84090
Type d’emploi : Temps plein
Début : Immédiatement
Entreprise : Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc.
Site Web : alpac.ca
Adresse : Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
DATE: May 2, 2023
JOB NUMBER: 2023-13
HYBRID WORK: Non-Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Athabasca, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking four 1st, 2nd or 3rd Class Power Engineers to work out of our mill site in Athabasca, Alberta. The successful candidates are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of power/utilities and recovery/recaust processes. These positions will help to optimize mill production, quality and operating costs. These positions will ensure all equipment is maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner and processes are operated in compliance with environmental procedures and regulations.
Who are we?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Improvement/Innovation: Identify improvements in existing processes, systems and procedures, and use established change management programs to address them.
• Operating Machines and Equipment: Operate complex equipment and machines, adjusting diverse variables to achieve the best possible outcomes in terms of quality and productivity.
• Monitor and Inspect: Monitor plant equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, meters and other instruments, to measure temperature, pressure and flow, detect leaks or other equipment malfunctions, and make sure equipment is operating at maximum efficiency.
• Equipment Maintenance and Repair: Carry out standard maintenance and repair activities. Troubleshoot technical or operational problems by applying previously defined solutions.
• 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate.
• Experience working within a pulp mill and/or an industrial plant will be considered an asset.
• Kraft pulp mill experience is a strong preference
• Knowledge of federal and provincial environmental regulations considered an asset.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with a clean driving record.
• Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Optimizes work processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments.
What we offer:
• A competitive annual salary including shift premiums, paid pension a matching RRSP program.
• Study support for Power Engineering progression up to 1st Class.
• Four week’s annual vacation (increasing with service).
• Company paid dental and extended health benefits from day 1.
• A team-based culture that encourages work-life balance.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Please note our current opportunities are open to applicants for a limited time, resumes can be forwarded in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Al-Pac is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.