• Perform all required maintenance tasks in accordance with mill standards.
• Work safely and effectively on low, medium, and high voltage electrical systems (600 v to 138 kV).
• Provide assistance and support to other trades team members to ensure maximum equipment availability; liaise with Operations team members.
• Assist in trouble shooting and resolution of maintenance concerns
• Participate in the planning and executing of predictive and preventative maintenance programs
• Make recommendations for improvements to maintenance and production practices
• Maintain maintenance work records; assist to keep work areas clean.
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
• Commitment to developing and maintaining technical knowledge.
• Must be willing to work shift work as required.
• Must hold an Alberta journeyman or interprovincial certificate in the Electrical trade with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in an industrial setting.
• Must hold a Power Systems Electrician (PSE) certificate or Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma.
• Experience with a Digital Control System and a Programmable Logic Controller is an asset.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license (GDL removed) with an acceptable driving history.
• Be a motivated team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Greenest Workforce in the subject line.
Overtime may be required.
Shift work may be required.
Minimum experience: 10+ years
Minimum educational level: Certificate/Diploma from a Technical School
Head Office: Box 8000, Boyle, Alberta, Canada T0A 0M0
Alberta-Pacific is a world leader in the forest industry, using today’s best technology to produce Elemental Chlorine-Free (ECF) kraft pulp while keeping far below limits for emissions. They also practice some of the world’s most innovative forest management approaches, such as ecosystem management, looking beyond the trees to the forest as a whole in order to maintain biodiversity.