We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for our Matagami sawmill in Quebec.
This position is on a weekend schedule (36/40 hour).
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance team of millwrights, electricians and saw filers. You will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant, scheduling, health and safety and working with the production team to ensure the uptime of the mill.
* Supervise the work of maintenance workers, subcontractors, & contract staff.
* Organize, improving and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of plant & equipment (shutdowns).
* Management of continuous improvement initiatives and participate in the problem-solving process.
* Support and implement the values of the company, ensure Maintenance department is in compliance with various legislation & regulations including Environmental, Health and Safety.
* Stimulate and maintain a positive work environment through the use of excellent interpersonal skills, team building and communication with all departments.
* Maintain, develop or upgrade the methodology of maintenance systems to maximize fast and reliable response to equipment problems. (In compliance with health and safety rules).
* Analyze and identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent re occurrence.
* Provide training and ongoing development to the Maintenance team.
* Upgrade maintenance process of the work systems and maintenance contracts management.
* Follow departmental budgets to ensure good cost control.
* Maintain continuous improvement focus through effective leadership in maintenance meetings.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, mobilizing and conflict management.
* Demonstrate excellent leadership, team Player within tight deadlines.
* Analyzing and good organizational and decision-making skills.
* Strong work ethic, rigor and good judgment.