POSTING DATE: February 6, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
JOB NUMBER: 2024-11
HYBRID WORK: Eligible
POSITION TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: St. Albert, Alberta
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a Supervisor, Logistics to work out of our office in St. Albert, AB. Reporting to the Director, Logistics, the job is responsible for creating, aligning and managing the annual pulp shipping plans, managing the vendors, managing the selling expenses within the budget set for the year and responding to audits. Responsibilities will also include managing the logistics teams daily activities to meet the short- and longer-term shipping plans by ensuring planning aligns with sales, production and the mill warehouse. The position also ensures the effective and efficient development, delivery, and maintenance of transportation solutions to address logistics business issues.
Who Are We?
Al-Pac is the largest single-line kraft pulp producer in North America. Our mill is located near the communities of Athabasca, Boyle & Lac La Biche. We are leaders in our industry, from our quality products, mill operations and responsible forest management practices, to the way we grow and develop our team members and work with local communities. We are continuously exploring new and innovative ideas, while delivering premium products with a commitment to strong environmental stewardship and corporate social responsibility – a commitment that is demonstrated by our long-standing Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification*.
• Transportation & Operations: Work closely with Sales, Operations and Warehouse Teams to develop, manage, update and implement delivery schedules. Evaluate existing transportation processes, making recommendations for improvements.
• Budgeting & Planning: Manage day-to-day logistics budget of $100 million and costs through monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs). Lead team to optimize current processes and oversee process improvement initiatives.
• Contract & Stakeholder Management: Manage contracts to meet customer delivery requirements, production, safety and regulatory expectations. Support and provide feedback on negotiations and/or contract renewal processes.
• Sourcing: Collect and collate information on the key cost drivers, market dynamics and issues, areas of innovation and alternative suppliers to provide solid market information for decision making.
• Relationship Building: Identify and manage relationships with management level representatives of carriers, terminals, vendors and transportation officials, to identify their needs and/or concerns. Collaborate with other Al-Pac leaders to update and action on short-term and long-term logistics.
• Leadership & Direction: Clarify and communicate the actions needed for implementation of the organization’s mission, vision and values. Engage and empower team members to meet and exceed their goals. Foster a culture, and develop approaches, that generate innovative ideas, products and services to capitalize on business opportunities
• Performance Measurement & Management: Manage and report on the performance of the logistics operations. Set appropriate performance measurement objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these.
• Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain, Business, or related field (or minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience).
• Minimum 5 years’ progressively responsible experience and knowledge in the Supply Chain industry.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in people leadership.
• Active certification or working towards certification is CCLP, PLog, or SCMP is an asset.
• Knowledge of provincial and federal transportation regulations, equipment, technology, maintenance.