These workers handle, move, stack, load and unload materials by hand or with equipment like forklifts. In a sawmill, you might find yourself stacking lumber and getting it ready for shipping. Attaching labels and keeping track of materials could also be part of your day-to-day work.
Education And Training
Getting a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification is always a good idea. Material handlers learn on the job.
Here is a complete list of Canadian Universities and Colleges.
This job is right for you if...
- you want to live an oversized life in one of Canada’s beautiful forest communities
- a sense of community is important to you
- you want to make a difference working in a green job
- you are a team player
- you are physically strong
- you don’t want to stay in school
- you want to work in work boots, not dress shoes
You May Also Like: