Date Posted: November 07, 2019
Job Location: Peace River
Job Number: CN 1975
Job Type: Full Time
Start: November 07, 2019
Company: Mercer Peace River
Address: Postal Bag 4400 Pulp Mill Site, Peace River, Alberta, Canada T8S 1V7
Mercer Peace River Pulp Ltd. is an integral part of the Canadian forest products industry, providing the North-West, Alberta region with approximately 300 jobs while sustainably managing the forests. A career at Mercer Peace River offers an opportunity for growth, meaningful work and a collaborative learning environment. Throughout your career you will be supported by a team of highly skilled professionals and provided the self-motivating environment needed to make your goals achievable.
We are seeking a Steamfitter / Pipefitter Journeyperson to join our Maintenance Department. This position will be responsible for the fabrication, installation, maintenance and repairs of piping systems throughout the mill. In this position the successful candidate will also be responsible for assisting with other general maintenance activities, as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Complete hazard assessments to ensure maintenance work is executed in a safe fashion.
- Fabricate, install, maintain and repair piping systems throughout the mill, while working with small and large bore piping.
- Develop, improve, and adhere to safe work practices and procedures.
- Update manuals and procedures to reflect best practices.
- Complete work orders with descriptive detail of actual work performed.
- Steady progression towards achieving the highest level of tech progression within the department.
- Compliant to MPR core values.
- Participate in area safety and departmental safety meetings.
- Entry of work requests for initiation of work to be conducted.
- Willingness to work additional overtime during area outages, major shutdowns, and subsequent start-ups in alignment with departmental average.
- Provide shift coverage and SWAT (Scheduled Weekend Coverage and call-ins as required).
- Support QC/QA as necessary in turnover package development.
- Provide mentorship to team members who are completing their pipefitting apprenticeships.
- Additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess an Alberta or Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Steamfitter / Pipefitter certification, with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Safety conscious individual with the ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Strong technical abilities, and problem solving skills.
- Competent in reading and understanding technical documents including drawings, schematics, and service manuals.
- Experience working with computers (Windows and CMMS) is considered an asset.
- Hard working, self-directed, team-oriented individual.
- QA/QC experience will be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Pulp Mill and Industrial Maintenance experience is considered an asset.
- Strong work ethic and drive for success.